Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Kentuckians wear their quilts on their barns...

Because my creative well is running low...the weather outside is frightful...and we could use a little spot of color...here's a sampling of the beautiful painted barn quilts scattered around the countryside in Estill and surrounding counties. 

This is called "Grandmother's Flower Garden." 


Nestled in the heart of Red Lick at the base of Still House Hollow, this barn quilt is called "Ohio Snowflake." 


and again...so lovely in the summertime.


I'm assuming this one might be called "Sunflower."  We spotted it in the Red River Gorge on the way to a zipline tour. 


This beauty is mine!  It's called "Sister's Choice."  My sister and I, along with the help of our three daughters, painted it a few springs ago. 

My hubby risked life and limb to hang it.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

"So great a cloud of witnesses"

Our nine-year old granddaughter was baptized on Sunday, fully-immersed in water that had been warmed in an inflatable hot-tub.   I grew up B...